At the end of each month, I like to look back at my nail polish purchases and see all of the great deals I got. For the month of August I was on a “low buy” after my collection had grown so much in July. Even though I splurged on a couple polishes, I was able to still get amazing savings! Let me show you what I bought.
From left to right, here are the new polishes I purchased in August:
- I continued to grow my China Glaze Hunger Games collection with Smoke & Ashes and Agro. I heard through the nail polish community that Sally Beauty Supply stores had these on clearance, so I asked my followers to see if they could find me any. I got these for a total of $4.50! The original retail price of these polishes was $8.99.
- Next, I got two mini polishes from the indie brand Dollish Polish. I saw a listing on Copious for the complete Mario Collection, and asked my followers if they wanted to participate in a group order so we could each get 2 polishes. I got 1-Up and The Koompa King for $11.93. The retail price would have been $12.15, so I did save a little bit. Don’t forget you can join Copious HERE and get a $10 credit now!
- This month I did splurge on two Illamasqua polishes. I paid retail price for these at $14 each. Sometimes it’s nice to treat yourself! I chose the colors Riveting and Optimist.
- As usual, I got my two new Juleps in my August Julep Maven box. I got the box for free again this month because I had a free credit! That’s $28 worth of polish! Join Julep Maven today and get your first month for one penny with code MAVENINTRO at checkout HERE.
- I got this Layla Magneffect on Copious using credits, and only paid $0.92 of my own money! It is in the color Metallic Sky.
- This pumpkin is a glow-in-the-dark nail polish. I did pay full retail price, but it was only $2.99! Find these at your local Rite Aid store.
- Last but not least, while I was at Rite Aid I found this Wet ‘n Wild Chrome polish in the clearance bin for only $1.00! This line sells for $3.99, but the bottle was a little banged up. The polish is perfect, though!
All in all, I got 11 new polishes and spent $49.34 of my own money. The total retail price of all these polishes was $105.11! That is a savings of $55.77! On average, I spent $4.49 for each polish! How fabulous!
I also did some swapping this month! I got these four polishes by trading with other nail polish lovers. It’s a great way to git rid of unwanted polishes & save some money!
That’s it for my August Haul! What do you think of my new polishes?