Happy Subscription Sunday! It’s my first time reviewing just Birchbox, but as you know I cancelled my subscription to Ipsy last month (for more on why, see THAT post). While I did miss receiving some extra goodies in the mail, I think sticking with Birchbox is the best choice for me. Let me show you what I got in my October box!
- POP Beauty Aqua Lacquer in Flowering Fuchsia – $14.00 – This lip gloss is a surprisingly wearable pink shade that gives your lips just a hint of color. It has a minty smell, and a bit of lip plumper in it. Overall, a great product!
- ChapStick Hydration Lock – $3.29 – With winter on the way, you can never go wrong with some lip balm! Plus, Birchbox threw in a $1 off coupon for my next Chapstick purchase. I’m sure this will get lots of use!
- Alison Raffaele Reality Base Foundation – $0.38 – Okay, so my retail value for this foundation sample is approximate since there was no indication of how much product is in there. But this tiny tester will be enough for just one or two uses. I will say that this is a perfect match for my skin, though. I will keep you updated!
- Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser – $6.52 – I love trying new cleansers, and this is a great sample size. I might save it for travel!
- Liz Earle Pure Muslin Cloth – $3 – This cloth, of course, goes with the cleanser! I’m very interested to try this duo out together. I do wish Birchbox didn’t count this set as two separate products.
TOTAL RETAIL VALUE: $27.19
RATING 1-5 (1 BEING WORST, 5 BEING BEST): 3
OVERALL OPINION: This definitely wasn’t my favorite Birchbox, but the good news is I got five products that I know I will use. I would have liked a larger foundation sample, and another product to make up for the Liz Earle duo counting as two. Otherwise, I’m happy with the samples, and will use them up!
What did you get in your October Birchbox?! Let me know in the comments! If you’re not a Birchbox member, sign up HERE. It costs just $10 per month, and has an amazing rewards program. I highly recommend it!
This post contains some affiliate links. Box purchased by me. All opinions are my own. See my Disclosure Policy for more information.