Happy Subscription Sunday! Today I’m excited to share with all of you my January Birchbox. It was quite heavy when it arrived in the mail, so I couldn’t wait to see what was inside. If you’re new to Birchbox, it’s a $10 per month subscription service that sends out around five deluxe samples to you every month. The box mainly contains beauty and skincare items, but other goodies show up every once in a while as well. I am a huge Birchbox fan, and continue to receive it every month after canceling a lot of other subscription services. Let me show you what I got this month!
Every month, Birchbox focuses on a new theme. In January, it’s Go Time! Birchbox is encouraging all of us to try new things this year, and really dive into some adventures. Sounds like a motiving way to begin 2014!
- Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Créme – $8.00 – I’m excited for this sample! Not only is it a great size and value, but I need something like this for my hair. This glossing créme tames frizz and adds moisture into the hair. I can’t wait to test it out!
- Nail Rock Sequin Kit in Green – $7.00 – Birchbox always excites me with nail polish products! This kit comes with a nail sequin pot and a special base coat. This is a full size product, and I can’t wait to see how it works. Stay tuned for a full review!
- Resist Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum – $4.58 – This serum really intrigues me! It’s designed to tighten pores, and also has anti-aging qualities. I’ll definitely be sure to give it a try and see what happens!
- Ahmad Teas Assorted Teas – $0.53 – As a lifestyle extra this month, Birchbox included three tea bags from Ahmad Tea. I seem to get a lot of tea from Birchbox, and I like it, especially in the winter. The three flavors I received are Mint Mystique, Apricot Sunrise, and English Tea No. 1. I hope they’re tasty!
- 100% Pure French Lavender Hand Buttercream – $1.01 – The last product in my box was actually three foil packets of this hand cream. I thought that was pretty interesting, but I do appreciate getting three packets instead of just one. Even though it’s a low retail value, I can pop these in my purse for when I need moisture on the go!
As a final bonus, Birchbox included a set of five, inspirational postcards. Each contains a cute quote on the front, plus tips on achieving your New Year’s Resolutions on the back. These are great to hang up, include in your journal, or send to friends. I love them!
TOTAL RETAIL VALUE: $21.12
RATING 1-5 (1 BEING WORST AND 5 BEING BEST): 4
OVERALL OPINION: While the retail value of this box may not be very high, I can and will use each and every product in this box. I would prefer to not receive foil packets, but I will give Birchbox props for at least providing multiples instead of just one. I am very excited about the Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Créme and the Nail Rock kit. Plus, any time Birchbox includes a little bonus I am a satisfied customer!
Are you a Birchbox subscriber? If not, join HERE for just $10 per month. If you are, let me know what you got this month in the comments. I hope your 2014 is off to a fantastic start!
This post contains affiliate links. Birchbox purchased by me. All opinions are my own. See my Disclosure Policy for more information.