I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. #CollectiveBias
Happy Wednesday! As you know, Adventures in Polishland is about all things fabulous and affordable, and that includes drugstore makeup! When I heard Duane Reade was relaunching its mobile app to Version 2.0 which includes new features to help me shop easier and save more in the store, I couldn’t wait to test it out. Let me tell you a bit more about the app, and show you my mini drugstore haul!
ALL ABOUT THE APP
The Duane Reade mobile app is free to download from the iTunes app store. Here is what it looks like upon opening.
The loading screen (left) displays the Duane Reade logo as the app launches. I quickly took a screenshot of what it looks like just so you could see! On the right is the app home screen. There are so many awesome features with this app. Here is a brief overview of what each icon on the screen does –
- Pharmacy: refill your prescriptions, transfer your prescriptions, see your prescription history, set up a pill reminder, and schedule a vaccination.
- Photo: print photos from your iPhoto or social media accounts and create prints, posters, or cards.
- Store Locator: find the store closest to your current location or search for one near a specific address.
- Weekly Ad & Coupons: see the items on sale this week, and clip virtual coupons for use in the store.
- Refill by Scan: a quick way to refill your prescriptions – just scan the barcode!
- Scanner: scan any product in the store to get more information about it.
- Pill Reminder: set up daily reminders for all your medicines.
- Rewards: easy access to your Balance Rewards card.
- Shopping List: your Duane Reade “to buy” list is right on the app for easy shopping in store.
- Shop: you can also shop directly from the app if you don’t want to leave the comfort of your own home!
- DR Walk-In: information about the walk-in clinics nearby and their contact information.
- Steps: keep track of your fitness and weight loss goals right from your phone.
- Settings: where you can log-in and get help with the app if needed.
My favorite feature on the app is the coupon clipper! I immediately scrolled through the beauty tab and clipped some awesome Revlon coupons. The best thing about the app is that you don’t need to have a physical coupon. The app is green and convenient!
MY SHOPPING EXPERIENCE
Of course, I had to test out this awesome app and use the Revlon coupons I clipped. I headed to the store at 22W 48th Street to use the special iBeacon technology that is only available at 10 Midtown Manhattan Duane Reade locations. iBeacon is so cool! When you get to Duane Reade, it recognizes your location, and helps you shop in the specific store you’re in. Here’s a look at what the app looked like when iBeacon was activated.
Not only was a floor map and product locator available for me to use, but the coupons showed up right away! The barcode you see at the top is what the cashier scans at checkout, and all applicable coupons are used at once. Shopping is so much easier when I don’t have to organize all my coupons by hand!
It was fun to shop from the Revlon section! I almost never get tangible coupons for Revlon products, but I had $1 off a lip product and $2 off any face product (foundation, concealer, etc.) to use. I grabbed the Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey that everyone talks about, as well as the ColorStay Under Eye Concealer in Light. I’m so excited to test out these products! Let me know if you’d like a review on either one.
All in all, I am loving the relaunched Duane Reade mobile app! It makes shopping in this busy city much easier, and saves me money, too. Plus, it is environmentally friendly – no need for a plastic rewards card or paper coupons! I’ll be sure to use this app whenever I’m in the mood for a drugstore haul.
Have you downloaded the Duane Reade mobile app yet? Let me know by using the #DRMobileApp hashtag on social media and share your hauls with me! Also make sure to Follow Duane Reade’s social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.