Happy Friday! It’s time for another products I’ve used up post here at Adventures in Polishland. It always feels great to use up products that I purchase. Let’s get right into my empties, and I’ll share mini-reviews of each product.
I used up two dry shampoos recently. First is my all-time favorite, the Klorane Dry Shampoo [BUY]. I’ve repurchased this countless times now! Next up is the Aveeno Pure Renewal that I got at Duane Reade. I did like it, but it was a bit expensive (around $10) and I prefer to splurge on the Klorane, which works much better.
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture for Sensitive Skin – I really like this moisturizer from the drugstore. It works well, but it’s not the best moisturizer ever if you know what I mean. I highly recommend it for ultra sensitive skin, though. It’s light enough to wear all year long as well.
- CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous Foundation – I LOVED this foundation. In fact, it’s my favorite that I’ve tried so far! I found that my skin loved it, too, and broke out less when I used this on a regular basis. If you’re looking for an affordable foundation, run to the drugstore and get this one!
- Manna Kadar Lash Ware Mascara – I got this mascara in a Wantable box, and fell in love as well. It really does a great job at separating my lashes for a full look. You can purchase this online, but keep in mind it is a luxury brand.
- Maybelline Dream Matte Powder – I purchased this powder during a sale event, and I’m so glad I did. It’s amazing, and great at keeping face matte and getting rid of shine. I’ve heard this product is being discontinued, which is highly disappointing since I really love it!
- Maybelline Baby Skin – I’ve raved about Baby Skin on Adventures in Polishland before (see that post HERE). It’s a really great drugstore primer, and I’ve already purchased another one!
- Every Beauty Makeup Remover Pads – I got these in a Beauty Army box, and to be honest I didn’t like them. It’s basically a cotton square that you wet with water and wipe over your face. It didn’t take off all of my makeup, especially mascara, and I felt like I had to do heavy cleansing afterwards.
- Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes – I really have grown to love the Simple Wipes in the past few months. I think my skin is either getting used to them, or they’ve somehow gotten better. Whatever the reason, I’m digging these!
- Olay Fresh Effects S’Wipe Out – These were my all-time favorite wipes, and I’m glad I stocked up on them during sale events because they were discontinued by the brand. There is a new wipe in the Fresh Effects line, so I’ll have to see how I like them at some point.
- Sephora Instant Eye Makeup Remover – I bought this eye makeup remover in hopes that it would take off my mascara with ease. It didn’t. I’ve found other makeup removers that work much better than this, so I’ll stick with those.
- Secret Outlast Deodorant – Here’s my secret: I hate Secret deodorants! I used to use this brand all the time, but now I remember why I stopped. For some reason, Secret does not prevent all the odor. But the fun doesn’t stop there. For some reason, this product locks in the odor, and no matter how much I shower and scrub my pits with soap, the scent lingers. It’s really horrible!! I know Secret is a very popular brand, but it just does not work with my body chemistry.
- Jergens BB Body Cream – I really enjoyed trying this out! It did make my skin look nice and flawless, but I can’t bring myself to purchase the full size. Maybe I will if I get a good coupon!
- Walgreens Hand Sanitizer with Aloe – I keep a pump of hand sanitizer on my desk at all times. You’ve probably seen a lot of these in my empties by now!
- Bath & Body Works Vanilla Verbena Sugar Scrub – This is the first sugar scrub I’ve ever tried, and I did like it. I didn’t use it very often, but the scent was very calming. I did purchase two other Bath & Body Works scrubs during the latest sale, but couldn’t find this one again.
Well, that’s it for my products I’ve used up! In this edition I had a lot of great products, and only a few bad ones. I’m sad with the products that were discontinued, though! Make sure to let me know what products you’ve used up lately, and tell me a product that you loved but was later discontinued.