Happy Tuesday! Back to school time is right around the corner, so I thought I would share with you my everyday hair and makeup routines. I stick to the very basics on a daily basis, and I typically use all drugstore products. What else would you expect from this fabulous and affordable girl?! If you’re in a rush in the morning, this look is perfect for you. Plus, I keep everything quite natural, so if you’re new to makeup this is a great routine for you to adopt as well. Let me show you all the products I use, and then the before and after!
WHAT YOU NEED
Here are the eight products I use everyday! While sometimes the brands may change (i.e. a CoverGirl mascara or a Baby Lips lip balm), these are the basics that I always reach for to make up my face.
- Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser [REVIEW] [BUY] – This primer is amazing, and you all know I love it by now! It evens out my skin and makes it feel smooth and soft.
- CoverGirl TruBlend Liquid Makeup in L2 [BUY] – I recently purchased this foundation, as it was around $10 at the drugstore and I’ve loved the other CoverGirl foundation I tried in the past. The TruBlend is definitely a light to medium coverage, and applies really easily with a sponge like the BeautyBlender.
- Revlon ColorStay Under Eye Concealer in Light [BUY] – I finally found my holy grail under eye concealer! Revlon nailed it with this ColorStay line. It blends out perfectly and really brightens my under eye area. It’s a bit on the “expensive” side at the drugstore at around $12, but the twist-up packaging ensures you use each and every bit of product. I think it’s 100% worth the price!
- Milani Brow Fix Kit in Light [BUY] – Brows are the most important part of my makeup routine! My natural brows are uneven, with the left one being far sparser than the right. Luckily, this little kit comes with everything I need to define my face! I use both the light and dark shades to create the perfect brow color.
- Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Cream [BUY] – Powder is also a must for me, as my skin gets quite oily throughout the day. My recent favorite is the Maybelline Dream Matte, but I’m also a fan of the Rimmel Stay Matte. I dust this stuff all over my face, and it looks flawless!
- NYX Cream Blush in Natural [BUY] – I was afraid to try cream blush for the longest time, but now I love it! Just a few taps of this product and I can easily bring some color to my face. It blends out easily with my fingers as well!
- L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara in Blackest Black [REVIEW] [BUY] – If there’s one part of my makeup routine that I like to be a bit “dramatic,” it’s my lashes. I’m truly obsessed with this mascara from L’Oreal, and I highly recommend it. It gives my lashes length, volume, and a great curl without any clumps.
- Revlon ColorBurst Balm Stain in Honey [BUY] – I love this jumbo lip crayon! It’s so easy to apply, and because it is a stain it will stay on all day even through eating and drinking. Honey is a great “my lips but better” color that is polished yet still not over the top.
My hair routine is so simple it only requires two products! I have naturally wavy and frizzy hair, so I like to let it air dry before I flat iron it. If I have second-day hair, I will use a dry shampoo before styling.
- Göt2b Guardian Angel Gloss Finish Flat Iron Balm [BUY] – Heat protectant is a necessity, especially because I use a flat iron so much! I love this one because it really gives my hair a shiny yet non-greasy look. The bottle also lasts for a very long time!
- Conair Ceramic 2″ Straightener [BUY] – The upside to having thin hair is that I don’t have to spend a lot of money on a fancy flat iron. This one from the drugstore works amazingly well, and costs around $20! I’ve had this model for about three years now.
BEFORE AND AFTER
Ta da! As you can see, I think my everyday makeup and hair routine polishes up my natural self just a bit. I still look like me, and I don’t look like I’m wearing too much makeup. I’m ready to show my face in the city of New York and feel great about it!
All in all, I hope seeing my everyday hair and makeup routine helped inspire you! Whether you’ve discovered some great drugstore products, or simply liked my before and after transformation, please let me know in the comments if you’d like to see more makeup posts like this one! Also, let me know what your everyday hair and makeup routines consist of because I want to know! If you’re feeling brave, post a before and after on Instagram and tag me in it! Best of luck if you’re heading back to school like I am!
This post contains affiliate links. All opinions are my own. See my Disclosure Policy for more information.