Happy Sunday! Today I am excited to share with you a review of some face masks from the skincare brand nügg. In addition, I will be sharing nügg’s New Year Skin Resolutions with all of you. Even though January has come to a close, it is not too late to make positive changes in your life in the form of resolutions. We still have eleven months left of 2015 to make sure our skin is healthier and more pampered than ever! Let me go ahead and show you the nügg masks!
nügg’s NEW YEAR SKIN RESOLUTIONS
To help combat dry and tired skin, nügg has created a list of New Year Skin Resolutions to keep you on track! If you follow this list, nügg is ensuring you will have a glowing complexion in 2015!
- Wear sunscreen every day. Try using a moisturizer that has SPF, that way you don’t have to add an extra step to your morning routine.
- Never sleep with your makeup on. Washing your face at night will prevent any dirt and impurities from seeping into your skin and causing breakouts. To ensure a thorough cleanse, use our Deep Cleansing mask. The Jojoba Lite Oil in this face mask dissolves sebum in a gentle, healthy way so that excess sebum can be rinsed off leaving you with hydrated, nourished skin.
- To lock-in extra moisture, apply your moisturizer when your skin is still slightly damp. For even more hydration, apply a thin layer of our hydrating mask as a sleep mask or below your foundation in the morning which also can serve as a beautifying primer.
- Clean your makeup brushes. Not only does old makeup start to build up on the bristles, but dust particles will stick to them as well. Be sure to wash your brushes at least once a week using any hair shampoo you have handy. You will notice quite the difference in makeup application and the clearness of your skin. Especially with sensitive skin, also make sure to use synthetic brushes (such as Tweezerman brush iQ).
- Drink no less than 8 glasses of water a day. Hydration is important on both the inside and out. Use our Hydrating mask twice a week to infuse moisture to the skin. The Spirulina Extract in this face mask provides a reservoir of water which it releases into the skin when needed.
Now that you have nügg’s resolutions in mind, it’s time for me to share my experience with the brand’s face masks! Each face mask comes individually packaged in a one-time-use pod. I really enjoy the packaging, but I will mention that I often needed scissors to get into the pod because the top layer of packaging peeled off leaving behind a clear film over the product. It’s not a big deal, but it did take some extra effort to get to the mask!
Here is a quick look at what the masks look like inside the pod. Both the Cleansing and Hydrating masks I tested looked and felt exactly the same. The mask is a lotion-like substance that is white in nature. Unlike other masks I am familiar with, the nügg masks do not dry on your skin during application. Instead, they remain the same texture, making the rinse-off process take some extra time. Finally, there is no overwhelming scent with either of these masks, so if you are sensitive to smells you can use these masks for sure!
Deep Cleansing Face Mask
I first tried the Deep Cleansing Face Mask that contains cucumber extract and jojoba oil for an ultra clean, shine-free look and feel. To use the masks, simply apply over clean and dry skin and let sit for 5-10 minutes before rinsing. You can use each mask once weekly or more often, depending on the care you need. I did like the Deep Cleansing mask, but it was difficult for me to tell if it really worked. My skin did appear clear and smooth afterwards, but I think I will see more of a difference after using the mask on a regular basis.
Hydrating Face Mask
This week I tested the Hydrating Face Mask. This one contains camellia seed oil and spirulina extract to intensively hydrate and replenish dry skin. The application process is the same with this mask, but I do have to say I love the results much more! My dry skin was visibly better after the mask, as much of my redness went down significantly. In addition, my skin felt so plush and soft afterwards. I’m really loving this hydrating mask!
WHERE TO BUY
All in all, I am really enjoying these masks from nügg! They are easy to use, effective, and super affordable! You can purchase a single pod for $3.29 or grab a pack of five pods for $16.45. If you are looking to rejuvenate your skin in this new year, these nügg face masks are your new best friends! Please let me know in the comments if you’ve tried these masks, or which one you are going to grab for yourself!
Connect with nügg:
The products in this post were provided for my unbiased review. All opinions are my own. See my Disclosure Policy for more information.