Happy Thursday! Today I am very excited to share a recipe on Adventures in Polishland for the very first time. With the holiday season in full swing, I’ve been a bit more adventurous in the kitchen. I began my baking with some homemade Cheez-Its after seeing a recipe on Rachel Talbott’s YouTube Channel HERE. My dad absolutely loves to snack on traditional Cheez-Its in front of the TV at night, but I worry about all the chemicals and preservatives he’s consuming while doing so. This recipe is the perfect solution! It allows Cheez-It lovers to still have that delicious snack, all while using a few simple ingredients. Let me share my homemade Cheez-Its with you!
How amazing do these look?! First things first, you have to make the dough. I used my Ninja Master Prep to blend up all of the ingredients. It works perfectly, so don’t worry if you don’t own a food processor as recommended in the recipe.
Here is what the dough looks like after it’s been chilled in the refrigerator for 20 minutes. The next step is rolling out the dough with a rolling pin and cutting it into your desired shape. I found a small cookie cutter we already had and used that. Of course, you can cut the dough into the standard square Cheez-It shape if you’d like!
This recipe makes about 7-8 dozen Cheez-Its depending on the size cookie cutter you use. I brought these to my family’s Thanksgiving for an appetizer, and they were a big hit! I love that I know each and every ingredient inside these Cheez-Its, and that they are a much healthier option than boxed Cheez-Its at the store. Plus, they are easy and affordable! I highly recommend you try them out this holiday season, or anytime you’re wanting a cheesy treat. You can also use white cheddar if you prefer.
Homemade Cheez-Its Recipe
Yields about 7-8 dozen Cheez-Its.
- 8oz Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 4 Tablespoons Butter, cut into cubes
- 1 Cup Flour
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Cold Water
- Pulse all ingredients but water in a food processor or blender until it resembles coarse sand.
- Pulse in water one tablespoon at a time.
- Wrap dough in plastic and chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350º while dough is chilling.
- Roll out dough and cut into desired shape.
- Place Cheez-Its on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or lightly greased tin foil.
- Bake at 350º for 15-20 minutes, or until crispy.
If you make this recipe, please tag me in your photo on social media! Enjoy!