Happy Wednesday! Today I am excited to be sharing my first empties blog post in quite a long time. For those of you who may be new to the concept, an empties post is where I share with you all of the products that I’ve used up recently, and also give a mini review of the product and whether I would purchase it again in the future. I recently discovered the hashtag #365DaysofEmpties on Instagram, and knew it was something I wanted to do in 2016. This is a project that I believe was started over at The Imaginarium of Makeup last year (though please correct me if I’m wrong in the comments!). The goal is to use up 365 products in the year! I am adapting this challenge for myself. My goal is to use up 100 products, simply because I go through things slowly and am always trying new things for review. Every month I’ll be showing you what I used up, and quickly share my thoughts on each product. Let’s jump right into my January empties!
NUDE Skincare Advanced Renewal Serum – 4 Sample Packs [BUY]
- Mini Review: I like this serum, but I haven’t seen any major differences in my skin. It feels nice upon application, and I haven’t had an adverse reaction. So far, so good!
- Would I Buy it Again? No. It’s too expensive for my budget.
Up & Up Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes – 1 Pack [BUY]
- Mini Review: These makeup remover wipes compare to the Neutrogena brand, and I absolutely love them! They feel so nice, take off all my makeup, and don’t leave a residue on the skin. Plus, the Up & Up brand works just as well as Neutrogena.
- Would I Buy it Again? Yes! I already have purchased a small pack for traveling.
TRESemmé Thermal Creations Heat Tamer – 1 Bottle [BUY]
- Mini Review: I’m not a brand loyalist when it comes to heat protectant, so I purchased this because it is super affordable. Luckily, it seemed to do a good job protecting my hair as I straightened it every day.
- Would I Buy it Again? Yes, but I didn’t immediately repurchase it. I found a L’Oreal Heat Protectant on sale and used a coupon.
Dove 24hr Invisible Solid Anti-Perspirant Deodorant – 1 Tube [BUY]
- Mini Review: While I would like to use a more natural deodorant, I’ve found that the only brand that truly works for me is Dove. This is one of the more affordable options, and it got the job done.
- Would I Buy it Again? Yes, but I’ve purchased a different Dove line for now.
First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Wash (not pictured) – 1 Travel Size [BUY]
- Mini Review: This body wash was just okay. It did a fine job at cleansing, but it was unscented and overall ‘blah.’
- Would I Buy it Again? No. It is very overpriced for just a plain body wash.
Flossups (not pictured) – 1 Pack [BUY]
- Mini Review: I love using flossers because they encourage me to floss my teeth. They are so much easier to use than standard floss.
- Would I Buy it Again? Yes! I’m already using a new pack.
JANUARY EMPTIES: 9
TOTAL 2016 EMPTIES: 9
That brings us to the end of my first empties post as a part of my new #365DaysofEmpties project! I plan on posting at the end of every month. Please let me know if you will be joining in on this challenge in the comments. Also let me know if you like the format of this empties post and if you find it helpful!
This post includes affiliate links. All opinions are my own. See my Disclosure Policy for more information.