Happy Monday! February is coming to a close, and it’s time to share my empty products with all of you. Last month I introduced a new project that I’m doing all year long called the #365DaysofEmpties. You can learn more about the project HERE, but my personal goal is to use up 100 products this year. This blog post will show you what I used up in the month of February, my mini review of each product, and a note on whether I’d repurchase the product. Let’s go ahead and jump right into the empties!
NUDE Skincare Advanced Renewal Serum – 3 Sample Packs [BUY]
- Mini Review: I finished up the remaining samples of this serum in February, and while I do like it, I didn’t see a major change in my skin. It felt nice and I had no adverse reaction, but it wasn’t a miracle product for me.
- Would I Buy it Again? No. This serum is very expensive, and not worth the price.
Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta Universal Daily Peel – 1 Sample Pack [BUY]
- Mini Review: I’ve always been scared to try a peel, but I really like this one because it is a two-step wipe system instead of a mask that literally peels off the face. I did experience some tingling and a bit of tightness after using the peel, but it seemed to work fine. I think my skin really liked it!
- Would I Buy it Again? I’m not sure! I have two more samples to try, and I’ll let you know the final verdict then.
Up & Up Refreshing Wet Cleansing Towelettes – 1 Pack [BUY]
- Mini Review: I picked up this pack of makeup remover wipes specifically for my trip to Los Angeles in January. I finished using the wipes this month, and I really like them. They are the Target brand, but are formulated to compare with Pond’s. They work just as well!
- Would I Buy it Again? Yes!
Beauty 360 Strengthening Nail Polish Remover – 1 Bottle [BUY]
- Mini Review: I really liked this nail polish remover, but I am so mad at myself! I just noticed on the label (in big clear lettering) that this remover contains gelatin. I don’t consume products with gelatin because I’m a vegetarian, and I’d prefer not to use it in my other beauty products as well. Here’s your friendly reminder to always read the label.
- Would I Buy it Again? No!
Berkley Jensen Premium 100% Pure Cotton Rounds – 1 Pack [BUY]
- Mini Review: I use cotton rounds mainly to remover nail polish. It is definitely my product of choice for nail polish remover because it cuts down on the fuzzies, and does a great job. I’ve also been using cotton rounds to remove face cleanser as well.
- Would I Buy it Again? Yes! I buy these in bulk at my local BJ’s.
Avon Eyeshadow Sponge Applicators – 1 Pack [BUY]
- Mini Review: While this is technically a makeup item, I use eyeshadow applicators in nail art! I’ve had this pack for years and just used up the last applicator. I need to get some more of these because they are the only thing that I can use for ombré nail art.
- Would I Buy it Again? Yes, but from a different brand.
Dr. Jart Dis-A-Pore Beauty Balm – 1 Sample [BUY]
- Mini Review: I got this BB cream in a subscription box, and I used it every once in a while. I really like this BB cream, but the shade isn’t perfect for me. That’s a bit disappointing because it is quite full coverage and wears really well all day.
- Would I Buy it Again? No. It doesn’t match my skin properly.
Raven’s Creek Ultra Soft Sugar Scrub in Pumpkin Pie Spice – 1 Tub [BUY]
- Mini Review: I got this sugar scrub in a subscription box, and I did like it, but I didn’t love it. The smell was amazing, but the scrub didn’t exfoliate as well as I would have liked. I also had to use a lot of this product at once.
- Would I Buy it Again? No.
FEBRUARY EMPTIES: 10
TOTAL 2016 EMPTIES: 19
That brings us to the end of my January empties! I am on track to use up 100 products by the end of the year, which is really awesome. I think March’s empties post will be pretty big, because a lot of my products are right at the end. It’s always fun when a bunch of products run out at once! Until then, let me know in the comments what you finished up in February. Also let me know if you use any of the products I mentioned today, and what you think of them.
This post includes affiliate links. All opinions are my own. See my Disclosure Policy for more information.