Happy Friday! Today I’ll be sharing my August empties with all of you, and I’m excited to do so. July was a bit of a fail – I only used up three products (see that post HERE). Luckily, I used up a bunch of products in August, and I hope to be back on track for my goal of emptying 100 products this year. Let me share with you all of the beauty, skincare, and more that I used up in August!
I wanted to give you a quick reminder before I jump into the mini reviews that I won’t be repurchasing any of the non-vegan products shown in this post. Thus, I will only let you know if I will repurchase a product when it happens to be vegan.
Batiste Dry Shampoo in Wild – 1 can [BUY]
- Mini Review: I’ve had mixed experiences with Batiste Dry Shampoo in the past, but I grabbed this one at my local T.J. Maxx on sale. I got the Wild scent, which smells amazing, but is a bit overpowering. I like this dry shampoo, but I don’t love it. That being said it is the best dry shampoo I’ve tried from the drugstore.
- Would I Buy it Again? Yes. I’ve repurchased the standard clean scent, which I’m currently using.
L’Oreal Blow Dry It Quick Dry Primer Spray – 1 bottle [BUY]
- Mini Review: I absolutely loved this heat protectant. It made my hair look really smooth and shiny without weighing it down, and it smells really nice. I got this on super sale at CVS several months ago, and used up the bottle really quickly. I think it’s because I really enjoyed applying this product!
Urban Decay De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray – 1 bottle [BUY]
- Mini Review: I used up my holy grail setting spray this month! This bottle lasted me 9 months (yes, I checked by using my blog!). I always see a difference in the longevity of my makeup on the days I forget to apply this spray. It’s worth the price tag for me!
- Would I Buy it Again? Yes! I already did!
NYX Micro Brow Pencil in Taupe – 1 pencil [BUY]
- Mini Review: I did enjoy this eyebrow pencil, and think it is a great product for the price. However, I think my brows are much better suited to brow powders. I have wide brows, but they are quite sparse, so I need to do a lot of filling in each day. This pencil was good for days I was in a rush, but not for a really precise look.
Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation Mattifying in Shell – 1 packet [BUY]
- Mini Review: I got one use out of this sample foundation, and I’m really impressed with it! This is a true liquid to powder foundation, and I think it works wonders if you have combination or oily skin. I think I might need a different shade, as Shell seemed a bit off, though still wearable. I might need to head to Sephora to do a color match.
- Would I Buy it Again? I’m not sure. I loved this sample, but would like to try it more before I invest in a high end foundation.
Berkley Jensen 100% Pure Cotton Rounds – 1 pack [BUY]
- Mini Review: I used up another pack of cotton rounds that I buy in bulk from BJ’s! I use these to take off my nail polish and, sometimes, to wash my face. These are a necessity for me!
- Would I Buy it Again? Yes!
Sally Hansen Double Duty Base & Top Coat – 1 bottle [BUY]
- Mini Review: I’ve used up as much of this base coat as I possibly can, but the bottle is not completely empty. I’ve used this product for several years, and think it is a great option for an affordable base coat. It is not a great top coat, however.
Up & Up Refreshing Wet Cleansing Towelettes – 1 pack
- Mini Review: I really liked these towelettes for removing my makeup. They are gentle on the skin and do a great job at getting off all the stubborn makeup. If you are looking for an affordable option, you can find these at Target for just over $3!
Derma-e Hydrating Night Creme – 1 tub [BUY]
- Mini Review: I love this night cream! This ultra-hydrating moisturizer is somehow really light on the skin. I can also feel some firming properties in this cream. It also smells nice and smoothing, too.
- Would I Buy it Again? Yes!
Colgate MaxFresh Toothpaste – 1 tube [BUY]
- Mini Review: I’ve used this toothpaste several times, and really like it because it leaves my mouth feeling really clean. Plus, the little breath strips are pretty invigorating. I’ve really enjoyed this toothpaste when I’ve used it!
AUGUST EMPTIES: 10
TOTAL 2016 EMPTIES: 68
I am so excited to now be back on track with my goal of using up 100 products this year! It definitely helps to use sample products along the way. I recently decluttered all of my samples, so I hope to focus on using up the ones I kept. As always, if you’ve tried any of these products, please let me know your thoughts on them in the comments!
Some of the products in this post were provided for my unbiased review. This post includes affiliate links. All opinions are my own. See my Disclosure Policy for more information.