Today I have a different kind of post for all of you! There’s a cool website called Influenster that lets people who are active in social media get rewarded. The really fun part is when they send out VoxBoxes! A VoxBox is a box filled with products that are to be tested and reviewed. I was lucky to receive the Beauty Blogger VoxBox back in October! I loved the products and can’t wait to share them with you, even if I am a bit late with this post (whoops!). Let me show you everything I got, and tell you about the items.
So many goodies in one box! I’ll speak about each one now, from left-right.
- Not Your Mother’s Kinky Moves Curl Defining Hair Cream: This cream is supposed to encourage natural curls and eliminate frizz and fly-aways. Basically, when your hair is till wet from the shower, you scrunch this product through your hair. I have naturally wavy hair, and the cream did work a bit, but only for a short time. I hoped it would help encourage my hair to stay curly for the entire day, but after a half an hour or so my hair was already falling straight again. I tweeted this to the company, and they tweeted me back saying it is only for naturally wavy hair. They failed to respond to my next tweet that informed them I do have naturally wavy hair…. I’m not too pleased with this! Because the product didn’t work for me, and the company was rude, I would not recommend Kinky Moves!
- Vitabath Fragrance Mist in Pomegranate & Blood Orange: This is by far my favorite product in the entire VoxBox! This body spray smells just amazing, and I don’t even like the scent of oranges! The mist is light and refreshing, and does not overpower. I love Vitabath and would highly recommend it!
- Bath & Body Works Mini Candle in Black Pepper: I will admit that I did not light this candle (just not my thing), but it does smell amazing!
- Kiss Ever Pro Lashes Starter Kit: I have bad memories from wearing false eyelashes as a competitive dancer growing up, so I was afraid to have a go at these, too! I do plan on trying them out for a special occasion. I do like that this is an all-in-one kit, and that the box has careful instructions. If you do wear false eyelashes, this is the way to go!
- EBOOST: I also did not sample this product, as I can’t stand orange flavorings! EBOOST is basically a powder that you mix into your water for flavor and added benefits such as vitamins and immunity. If you are someone on the go, this is for you!
- Goody Simple Styles Spin Pin: I was so excited to receive these spin pins, because I’ve wanted to try them out for a long time. Instead of sticking a bunch of bobby pins into your bun, these pins are supposed to easily twist into your hair and hold a bun in place. While the pins do work, they are just too big for my hair. I have very thin hair which amounts to a small bun. The pins were longer than my bun! If you have thick hair, these will work out much better for you.
- NYC New York Color IndividualEyes Custom Compact: The final product in my box is this great compact! It came a bit banged up due to shipping, but with some q-tips I was able to clean it up just fine. I don’t wear a lot of make-up, so this compact is perfect for me. Not only does it give me directions on how to apply each shadow, but it is an all-in-one look! I also didn’t feel overdone when I was finished. I definitely recommend this product!
I hope you enjoyed today’s post! If you would like to receive an invite to Influenster so you can receive VoxBoxes, too, let me know! I can invite you! If you would like to know more information about a certain item, let me know that as well. I will be back to blogging about nail polish soon!
The products in this post were provided for my unbiased review. All opinions are my own.