Happy Friday! Today I am very excited to launch a brand new series here at Adventures in Polishland called Beautiful NYC. I’ve been a New York City resident for just over a year now, and I sometimes find it difficult locating unique places to shop for nail polish and all things beauty. I thought it would be fun to highlight shops and events around the city and share them with all of you! To kick things off, I headed to the first ever Birchbox Local shop.
Birchbox Local is located at Chelsea Market, a super hip, indoor market with food, shopping, and more. I’ve never been there before, so I loved being able to visit a new part of the city on this Birchbox adventure! I planned on taking lots of photos of the shop once I got there, but it was so busy inside I couldn’t get any good pictures! Let’s just say this shop is super cool. In the front is the bar where you can build your own box (pictured below), and then the rest of the space is dedicated to more beauty products, and even a section for hair and makeup services. The Birchbox online shop literally came to life!
Of course, the main reason I wanted to head to Birchbox Local was to build my own Birchbox! For $15, you can customize your own box with a total of five samples. I couldn’t wait to pick out some goodies! There are literally 45 different samples to choose from!
- Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow – $22 – Gimme Brow is a brow-volumizing fiber gel to fill in eyebrows while keeping them groomed at the same time. I got the shade light/medium, and imagine my surprise when I discovered that this is the full size product! This one item alone is already worth more than I paid for the box!
- Color Club in Savoy Nights – $2 – I couldn’t leave without putting a nail polish in my box! I grabbed this gorgeous silver glitter from the soon-to-be-released Winter 2013 collection from Color Club. Yes, this nail polish isn’t even released yet! I estimated the price compared to other Color Club minis.
- Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment – $3.23 – This oil is now one of my go-to hair products! I am running low on the 1oz bottle I got in an Ipsy bag, so I grabbed this sample size to last me even longer. I know I’ll love this product! It’s amazing!
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer in Light – $10 – I’ve heard so many great things about Smashbox primers that I knew I had to grab one! The shop had every variety, but I decided to get the oil free one because my skin gets oily throughout the day. I can’t wait to try it!
- beautyblender – $19.95 – I almost fell on the floor when I saw that we could add beautyblenders to our box! Plus, when I checked out the sales girl gave me a sample size of the blendercleaser to go with it! I absolutely love my beautyblender, and I could not pass up the opportunity to grab another at such an amazing value.
TOTAL RETAIL VALUE: $57.18
Wow! What an amazing value for just $15 + tax! Not only did I get some amazing products, but I had a great time, too. All of the sales girls at Birchbox Local were really nice, and I honestly wish this shop was open all the time! If you live in or are planning to visit New York City this weekend, I highly recommend stopping by Birchbox Local. All the information you need to know is located on the Birchbox website HERE. Keep in mind they only take cards (no cash).
I hope you enjoyed this post, and stay tuned for more Beautiful NYC reviews! Let me know in the comments if there is a specific place you would like me to visit and write about.