Happy Friday! Now that September is coming to a close, it is time for an update on my #365DaysofEmpties project. September went by so quickly for me, and part of that is because I did some traveling in the middle of the month. Thankfully, I still emptied out a good amount of products! I’ve really been concentrating on using up products, and haven’t purchased anything new in a while. I hope to continue doing that for the rest of the year! Let me show you the products I did empty out this month!
Yes to Blueberries Age Refresh Cleansing Facial Wipes – 1 travel pack [BUY]
- Mini Review: I purchased this pack of wipes for my vacation in Los Angeles. I loved having this on my trip because they helped refresh my skin during the day, and also made for a simpler cleansing process at night when I was exhausted. I had a few left after my trip, so I took the pack home to finish.
- Would I Buy it Again? Maybe! I liked these, but I do prefer the Yes to Cucumbers wipes.
ELF Makeup Remover Cleansing Cloths – 1 pack [BUY]
- Mini Review: At first I really loved these wipes because they are super soft and do an amazing job at removing all of my makeup. However, I then read the directions and noticed that you are supposed to rinse your face with water after using them! I know that makeup wipes are not supposed to substitute for washing your face, but many times I want to use them without needing to rinse afterwards. That extra step basically means the wipe is pointless for me.
- Would I Buy it Again? Probably not.
Almay Eye Makeup Remover Pads – 1 pack [BUY]
- Mini Review: These pads are excellent at removing that stubborn eye makeup like mascara. That being said, I used these very rarely, and would like to find a vegan cleanser that is safe to use on the eyes so I don’t need an extra step like this in the future.
Hourglass Ambient Light Correcting Primer – 1 sample [BUY]
- Mini Review: I liked using this primer sample from Hourglass, but I’m not able to tell if I really like it based on one use. Perhaps I can try some more from my local Sephora at some point!
- Would I Buy it Again? Not based on this one use.
Covergirl + Olay Concealer Balm – 1 tube [no longer available]
- Mini Review: I did like this concealer, but it is definitely not the best quality. In fact, I think this is a discontinued product! I used up the entire tube because it did the job, but I wouldn’t buy it again even if it were vegan.
When on vacation I used up two travel sized body washes from my collection. Unfortunately I don’t have the bottles to show you, but I still wanted to give you mini reviews!
Dove Deep Moisture Body Wash – 1 bottle [BUY]
- Mini Review: This is a good body wash that does not dry out the skin. I appreciate that it gives a nice clean without being harsh. This is also a good option if you do not like scented body washes!
Beauty Protector Beauty Wash Body Cleanser – 1 bottle [BUY]
- Mini Review: This body wash smells absolutely amazing! I would have liked a bit more foam while washing, but I still felt clean afterwards. However, I do think this is a bit too expensive for what you get. A full size bottle is $16.00!
SEPTEMBER EMPTIES: 7
TOTAL 2016 EMPTIES: 75
As September comes to a close, I am exactly on track to complete my goal of 100 empties in 2016! I am so proud of myself for really focusing on using up the products in my collection this year. I know I can get really excited about new product releases, and it can be difficult to refrain from splurging. That being said, if you would like to save some money, I definitely recommend giving yourself an empties challenge. It’s fun and it gets you to use your collection!
This post includes affiliate links. All opinions are my own. See my Disclosure Policy for more information.