Happy Monday! Today I’m excited to share with you mini reviews of all the beauty products I used up this spring. For the past year or so, I’ve focused on using a smaller beauty collection, and only opening one product of each type at a time. I do have a numerical goal of emptying 120 products this year, but so long as I reduce my spending and focus on simplifying my beauty stash I will consider that a success! Let me show you all of the products I used up in April, May, and June of 2017.
Want to see what I used up this winter? Check out THIS blog post!
One thing I’ve been doing to use up my beauty stash is to always use a sample first. I used to save samples for travel or for another special occasion, and they would pile up and expire before I could use them. Focusing on them as soon as I get them ensures I put them to use!
Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer [BUY]
- Mini Review: I liked this primer, and it seemed to work well for me. I got a couple uses out of this sample packet, but I would be open to trying it more in the future. I do like how light it is on the skin!
- Would I Buy it Again? I would like to try more before I buy the full size.
Too Faced Born This Way Foundation [BUY]
- Mini Review: I got four samples of this foundation with a Too Faced order, and I enjoyed trying them even though they are all different shades. I ended up deciding the shade Snow is closest to my natural skin tone, but it’s not a perfect match. That being said, I loved this foundation! It reminds me of Kat Von D’s Lock-it, but a bit lighter in coverage.
- Would I Buy it Again? I would if Too Faced released a better shade for me.
Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer [BUY]
- Mini Review: I‘ve loved Smashbox primers for years now, and recently discovered they are vegan! You can check out the full list of vegan Smashbox products HERE if you’re interested. This is a great primer, but I do prefer the Light version, which is more mattifying. Nonetheless, I love this primer as it smooths out my skin and helps conceal enlarged pores.
- Would I Buy it Again? Yes! However, I would buy the Light version over this one.
e.l.f. 3-in-1 Mascara [BUY]
- Mini Review: This is the second e.l.f. mascara I’ve tried, and it is the second to disappoint me. When I opened this mascara, I knew right away it was going to be bad – barely any product came off the brush! I would describe this as better than wearing no mascara, but that’s about it. Plus, this mascara dried up extremely quickly. It may only be a few dollars, but it was a wasted few dollars.
- Would I Buy it Again? No!
Physician’s Formula Organic Wear CC Cream [BUY]
- Mini Review: I absolutely loved this CC Cream! It has amazing coverage, lasts throughout the day, and provides moisturization to the skin without being too oily. Unfortunately, this product is not vegan, so I won’t be purchasing it again. I am now on the hunt for another BB or CC cream.
Urban Decay De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray [BUY]
- Mini Review: I made sure to use up my travel size of setting spray before it expired. This is a holy grail product for me! I will also keep this container so I can wash it out and reuse it for future travel. It is much more cost effective to decant the bigger size than to repurchase a travel size.
- Would I Buy it Again? Yes! I’m already using a full size bottle.
e.l.f. Translucent Mattifying Powder [BUY]
- Mini Review: I got this setting powder to replace my Rimmel Stay Matte, and while it isn’t as good as that powder, it still gets the job done. I love how cost effective this powder is, but I do wish there was less packaging involved. I am going to reuse this compact because it has a nice size mirror inside!
- Would I Buy it Again? Yes! I’m already using another compact.
Yes to Cucumbers Facial Wipes [BUY]
- Mini Review: You all know by now that I love these makeup remover wipes! I repurchase them because the price point is great, and I love how they work. I am going to try to cut down on how I often I use these wipes, since I’m cutting down on disposable products in general. However, these are great for removing makeup and cooling the skin.
- Would I Buy it Again? Yes!
The Body Shop Vitamin C Skin Boost [BUY]
- Mini Review: It took me forever to use up this product! I originally purchase it because I thought it was a serum, but this is more of a primer that you use after moisturizer and before makeup. I did like this product, but I was very glad to empty it because it had been in my collection a bit too long.
- Would I Buy it Again? Maybe.
Acure Brightening Facial Scrub [BUY]
- Mini Review: I found this scrub at Target, and I really like it! The texture almost reminds me of sand, but it does a nice job at exfoliating the skin without being too harsh. I was ready to try out a new product as I finished this tube, but I’m still happy with how it performed.
- Would I Buy it Again? Maybe, but I do enjoy trying new scrubs.
Dollar Shave Club Daily Face Moisturizer (not pictured) [BUY]
- Mini Review: I used up a small sample of moisturizer that I got with a Dollar Shave Club subscription. I apologize that it didn’t get pictured for some reason! I liked this moisturizer a lot, as it has SPF25 and smells amazing. It was a bit too heavy for my skin, but if you like deep hydration, this is a great option.
- Would I Buy it Again? Perhaps in the winter months.
Dove Advanced Care Anti-Perspirant [BUY]
- Mini Review: I finally finished up my non-vegan deodorant stash! I had purchased a pack of Dove deodorant at a box store because this was my go-to for years. This was the only deodorant from the drugstore that I really loved, but I’m now on the hunt for a good vegan option. Stay tuned to find out what my new holy grail will be!
CVS Therapeutic Dandruff Shampoo [BUY]
- Mini Review: The one non-vegan product I continue to purchase is this medicated shampoo. I thankfully don’t need to use it as often in the summer months, but it gets the job done when I need it. No one likes an itchy and uncomfortable scalp!
Tom’s of Maine Wicked Fresh Flouride Toothpaste [BUY]
- Mini Review: I really liked using this toothpaste! I thought the spearmint flavor would be a bit stronger based on the name, but there’s nothing I really dislike about the toothpaste.
- Would I Buy it Again? Yes! I’m already using another tube.
SPRING EMPTIES: 18
TOTAL 2017 EMPTIES: 35
All in all, I am very happy with how many products I’ve used up even though I’m way behind on my goal of 120 empties. I’ve done a great job at using up samples, minimizing my collection, and not overbuying products. Plus, I’m at the point where I only have a few non-vegan products left to use up! Once they are all gone I plan on sharing a makeup and skincare collection so you can know what I’m currently using.
What products have you used up lately? Let me know in the comments!
This post includes affiliate links. All opinions are my own. See my Disclosure Policy for more information.